Tuesday Newsday: Sunshine Everywhere, Happy April!
- In equal-rights-marriage-meets-food-world news, Aziza chef Mourad Lahlou stands up for equality!
- Your weekly dose of cheese history - monuments to cheese should be installed in more places, methinks.
- An Illinois man was caught and charged for stealing 21 TONS of cheese.
- How to choose good eggs
- Check out the latest about Straw, a carnival-themed restaurant that this eater thinks is mighty good for such a tiny space. Cheesesteakadilla? Whaaat?
- New restaurant: Crab Yard, Berkeley. Mmmm I love me some crab.
- Hilarious SFist commentary on the James Beard award nominees. “If fetch were a San Francisco restaurant, it might be Mission Chinese Food.” LOL
- Welcome to the many diets of the Bay Area. Love the graphics in this post!
- Janet Fletcher writes about cheese for the SF Chronicle, and taught the cheese class that cemented my love of blue cheese. Check out her column here.
- Anthony Bourdain’s Twitter is my new fave source of food/travel porn. Also his job description is “Enthusiast.” Yes please!
Tumblr & Blogs
- Huff Post wins at life: Greek Salad Sandwich. I used to get this sandwich in college from the sandwich place in Lower Sproul! Feta on sandwiches = best.
- I’ve recently seriously fallen in love with Joy the Baker. I want her to be my best friend and us to make grilled cheese together.